The low FODMAP diet requires a lot of planning and preparation for every meal. These low FODMAP brownies are a game changer. Three simple ingredients and a five minute prep time. Thank you, Betty Crocker!
I always have a few boxes of Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix on hand for numerous occasions, including taking to parties or hosting guests. Not to mention quenching my sweet-tooth here and there. You can dress them up or dress them down. And adding an extra egg will give them a cake-like texture. This little box is honestly one of the most versatile items in my pantry!
As a bonus, I never tell anyone that they’re gluten free (unless asked) and no one can even tell. I feel like that’s a baseline for great tasting food… people who are lucky enough to eat anything shouldn’t be able to tell that it’s fitting within numerous dietary restrictions.
Low FODMAP Brownie Recipe:
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 1/4 Cup Shortening (I use Crisco)
- 2 Extra Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to to 350 degrees for shiny metal pan or 325 degrees for dark or nonstick pan.
- Grease (or use a low FODMAP cooking spray) bottom of pan.
- In medium bowl, stir all ingredients until well blended (batter will be thick).
- Spread in pan.
- Bake as directed (8″x8″ pan, bake 28-31 minutes. 9″x9″ pan, bake 26-30minutes. 11″x7″ pan, bake 23-26 minutes.) or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean
- Cool brownies, cut and serve.
- Store tightly covered.
- Like normal brownies, you can add anything to make them unique, including crushed nuts, frosting, fruit topping or all-natural, gluten free sprinkles as shown in the picture. Just make sure that your additions fit within the safe low FODMAP foods.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.