I will be the first to admit it… I can be very lazy. So when it comes to having a meal or snack, I want the easiest method possible. Especially when I am dining alone at home. I often turn to packaged foods for dinner or a snack. However, finding these brand name foods can be difficult when you’re adhering to a low FODMAP diet.
Surprisingly, there are a lot of products that will fit into the diet. However, most of these items are merely ingredients. I excluded the safe ingredients and fresh foods because I covered them in the low FODMAP foods to enjoy list. Plus I outlined my favorite low FODMAP items that is a reflection of my weekly grocery list. I wanted to outline the products that are good right out of the package without cooking, assembling or adding anything.
* Please note that I compiled this list in May of 2013 and ingredients in brand name foods change often. So please, prior to buying, glance at the ingredients to ensure there’s nothing harmful of that would impact you negatively.
I’ve listed all the items that I know of out there, and I’ve marked some of my favorites with some additional details for you in red.
Low FODMAP Brand Name Foods
- Udi’s Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread. Hands down, my favorite bread! It freezes and thaws very well.
- Rudis Gluten Free Tortillas, Plain
- Food For Life Whole Grain Brown Rice Tortillas
- Food for Life Gluten Free Brown Rice English Muffins
- Food for Life Gluten Free Multi-Seed English Muffins
- Foods by George Plain Gluten Free English Muffins
- Kinnikinnick Tapioca Rice English Muffins
- Abigail’s Bakery Millet & Sweet Brown Rice Bread
- DeLand Millet Potato Bread
- Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust. OK, this one you have to assemble, but it’s a good item list FYI.
- EnviroKidz Organic Gorilla Munch Cereal. Simply delicious. It reminds me of Kix that I loved as a kid.
- Envirokidz Organic Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Cereal. A close second behind the Gorilla Munch.
- Erewhon Corn Flakes Cereal
- Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal. A little too boring and tasteless for me.
- Cheerios Cereal. Note: Contains Wheat Starch which is not Gluten Free, but it is FODMAP-Free.
- Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Gluten Free Cereal. Double check the ingredients here. I’ve heard rumors of boxes with HFCS.
- Glutino Sensible Beginnings Cereal (Original & Frosted)
- Nature’s Path Puffed Cereal (Corn & Millet)
- Nature’s Path Organic Mesa Sunrise Cereal
- Glutino Gluten Free Pretzels. A favorite of mine! Most people don’t even know they’re Gluten Free!
- Snyder’s of Hanover Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks
- Most Unflavored Tortilla Chips are OK. Be sure to check the ingredients. I prefer Tostito’s.
- Most Unflavored Potato Chips are OK. Be sure to check the ingredients and be wary of the fat intake.
- Most Unflavored Rice Cakes are OK. Be sure to check the ingredients.
- Popchips, Original. These are ideal in a pinch at an airport or gas station.
- Unsalted Plain Brown Rice Snaps
- Riceworks Sea Salt Crisps
- Way Better Snacks Chips (Simply Sweet Potato & Simply Unbeatable Blues)
- Lundberg Farms Seal Salt Rice Chips
- WF 365 Organic No Salt No Butter Microwave Popcorn. No taste.
- Medora Snacks Popcorners Popped Corn Chips with Sea Salt
- Popcorn Indiana Popcorn (Sea Salt, Kettlecorn & Cinnamon Sugar)
- Popcorn Indiana Sea Salt Chip’ins
- Glutino Gluten Free Table Crackers. Have water nearby… These are very dry.
- Crunchmaster Original Gluten Free Multi-Seed Crackers My go-to cracker with sliced cheese.
- Mary’s Gone Crackers, Original
- Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Granola Bars (Peanut Butter & Almond) I always have one of these with me. They are delicious and convenient. However, these do contain almonds (fructans). They don’t affect me too much, but if they do to you, avoid them.
- Udi’s Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Amazing. Simply Amazing. You have to try these.
- Aleia’s Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gilbert’s Gourmet Goodies Sensational Sugar Gluten Free Cookies
- Gilbert’s Gourmet Goodies Giant Snickerdoodle Gluten Free Cookies
- Glutino Gluten Free Lemon Wafer Cookies
- Glutino Gluten Free Dream Cookies Vanilla Creme
- Breyer’s Lactose Free Ice Cream (Vanilla & Chocolate)
- Most Lactose Free Yogurts. Be sure to check the ingredients.
- Any FODMAP Friendly Cheese.
Did I miss something? Is something on the list that has a FODMAP ingredient? I have dome my research here, but I am definitely not perfect, so any feedback would be appreciated so I can provide the best information possible.
What are your favorite Low FODMAP Brand Name Foods?