Store-bought marinades are very convenient, however, they all contain garlic and/or onion, which are a big issue when on the low FODMAP diet. Don’t even bother trying to find one… I have searched high and low and have found nothing. However, it’s very, very easy to make your own. Had I known this years ago, I could have saved a lot of money… not to mention a lot of pain!
Low FODMAP Red Wine Chicken or Steak Marinade Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Garlic Infused Olive Oil adds a great flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives, Diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder (Garlic & Onion Replacement)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar (optional – I don’t use it because I like things a little tart.)
- Put all ingredients into a small tupperware container.
- Close tupperware and shake vigorously.
- In a Ziploc bag, add raw meat of your choice and add marinade.
- Ensure marinade completely cover raw meat.
- Remove excess air and seal tightly
- Chill for 4-5 hours.
- Cook meat as you wish. On a grill is perfect for summer!
- Discard any unused portion.
Makes enough for 2 large chicken breasts or 2 large steaks.
- Please feel free to modify as you wish, I like things a little spicy and tart, so if this is not your tastes, please scale back on the spices.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes can be added to give it a little more spice.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.