Zucchini bread was always a staple at my home growing up and our freezer was always filled with loaves of zucchini bread. As I mentioned before, my Mother is a fantastic baker, so this was one of the things I missed when I went gluten free. Luckily, she was able to modify her yummy zucchini bread recipe to fit into a gluten free diet, as well as a low FODMAP diet.
This recipe is very easy and very delicious! It’s the perfect low FODMAP breakfast for those on the go. Just add a little lactose free butter melted on top and you have the perfect treat to start your day off right.
Low FODMAP Zucchini Bread Recipe:
- 3 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Oil
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour or Trader Joe’s Brand)
- 3 teaspoons Xanthan Gum (I use Bob’s Red Mill. Do not add this if it is already added into the Gluten Free Flour.)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream Sugar, Eggs and Oil together until well blended.
- Add Zucchini and mix until well blended
- Add Gluten Free Flour, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Cinnamon, Baking Powder and Baking Soda and mix until well blended.
- Lightly grease bread pans (2 large pans or 7 little pans).
- Pour mixture into pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- After baking, remove bread from oven and let cool.
- Remove from pans and serve or put into individual plastic bags and freeze.
Makes 2 Large Loaves or 7 Small Loaves.
- When I eat these, I usually add some additional lactose-free butter melted on top.
- Bread will keep about 1-2 weeks in refrigerator.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.