The first time I caught a cold while on the low FODMAP diet, I was very unprepared. Chicken noodle soup is a great remedy for a sore throat, runny nose and fever, but almost all canned soups contain wheat, garlic or onion, so I was at a loss. I had some gluten free broth that I had prepared and froze months ago, but I knew how loaded with garlic, onion and celery it was, which would make me feel worse. As soon as I felt better, I perfected my low FODMAP chicken broth and chicken soup recipes, so I would be better prepared the next time I was under the weather.
Low FODMAP Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 2-3 Cup Serving of Low FODMAP Chicken Broth
- 2-3 Cups Water (Fill the Container used for the Broth)
- 1 Cup Cooked, Chopped Chicken Breast
- 2-4 oz Uncooked Gluten Free Pasta/Noodles (I use Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice Pasta Fusilli)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Add Low FODMAP Chicken Broth and Water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add Uncooked Gluten Free Pasta and Chicken to pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste if desired.
- Once pasta is cooked to preference, remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes about 4 servings.
- The 2-4 oz of Gluten Free Pasta can be substituted with white or brown rice.
- You can refrigerate any unused portion and reheat in the microwave later.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.
That cold you talked about I have and new to the Fodmap diet combined with food allergies like; ginger,curry, pepper, cinnamon… I feel like there is nothing left to eat certainly not with any flavor. So I will give this a try and look for more recipes. Thank you
I feel you! Everything I CAN have that is Low FODMAP I feel like im allergic too! gahhhhhh
just made the soup for dinner for day one 🙂