The first time I caught a cold while on the low FODMAP diet, I was very unprepared. Chicken noodle soup is a great remedy for a sore throat, runny nose and fever, but almost all canned soups contain wheat, garlic or onion, so I was at a loss. I had some gluten free broth that I had prepared and froze months ago, but I knew how loaded with garlic, onion and celery it was, which would make me feel worse. As soon as I felt better, I perfected my low FODMAP chicken broth and chicken soup recipes, so I would be better prepared the next time I was under the weather.
Low FODMAP Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 2-3 Cup Serving of Low FODMAP Chicken Broth
- 2-3 Cups Water (Fill the Container used for the Broth)
- 1 Cup Cooked, Chopped Chicken Breast
- 2-4 oz Uncooked Gluten Free Pasta/Noodles (I use Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice Pasta Fusilli)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Add Low FODMAP Chicken Broth and Water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add Uncooked Gluten Free Pasta and Chicken to pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste if desired.
- Once pasta is cooked to preference, remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes about 4 servings.
- The 2-4 oz of Gluten Free Pasta can be substituted with white or brown rice.
- You can refrigerate any unused portion and reheat in the microwave later.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.