What’s good? Spinach dip. What’s better? Low FODMAP spinach dip. What’s the best? Low FODMAP Low Fat Spinach Dip!
Prior to going on the low FODMAP diet, I frequently enjoyed Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Yogurt Dip. It was the perfect item to take with a veggie tray and some tortilla chips, and most people didn’t even realize it was a “better for you” option than normal spinach dip. However, there are many offenders within the ingredients that makes it an unsafe option on the low FODMAP diet, including milk, onions and garlic. I made a few changes to not only eliminate high FODMAP ingredients, but tailored it to my taste preferences.
Low FODMAP Spinach Dip Recipe
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach, Diced
- 18 oz Lactose Free Yogurt (I prefer Green Valley Organics)
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, Diced (Green Part Only)
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper, Finely Diced
- 1/4 Cup Carrot, Finely Diced
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder (Garlic & Onion Replacement)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Store in a airtight container and refrigerate 3-5 hours.
- Serve with low FODMAP vegetables, tortilla chips or low FODMAP crackers.
- This dip can be served warm if desired, which is just as delicious. After mixing all ingredients, bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.