Nothing says summer quite like a hamburger on the grill. While it would be delightful to enjoy that hamburger on a bun with some ketchup or mustard, the low FODMAP diet prohibits those items. Plus, many store bought hamburger patties contain fillers like onion and bread crumbs, and they’re pretty bland when you don’t have the right sauces.
So how do you enjoy summer grilling again? This recipe. All the tastes are put right into the burger, so you don’t have to worry about dressing it up later. You won’t even miss the bun… I promise.
Low FODMAP Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe:
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Bacon Pieces (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chives, Diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (if omitting the Bacon, add a little more Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder (Garlic & Onion Replacement)
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients using your hands.
- Once mixed, form the mixture into approximately 4-6 hamburger patties.
- Grill patties approximately 5 minutes on each side or until cooked as desired.
- Prior to removing burgers from the grill, top with a slice of cheese if desired.
- Enjoy with a fork and knife!
- Since ground beef naturally contains fat and grease, buy the leanest available. I usually use 96% lean.
- While you may want to eat a few of these, be very cautious of your fat intake with the ground beef, cheese and bacon. I can usually handle about 2 and I have to call it quits.
- Any cheese should work, I tend to use muenster (very low lactose amount) and cheddar most often.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.