Potatoes are one of my safe foods, and usually the food I turn to when I’m not feeling well. I always have potatoes on hand, but I try to always mix it up in how I prepare them. Baked potatoes are simple, mashed potatoes are my comfort food, and these oven roasted potatoes are ideal along side a steak or chicken breast.
This original recipe is much simpler in which only 3 ingredients are used: potatoes, olive oil and 1 package of dry onion soup mix. However, the onion overload in the mix would probably cause some issues on the low FODMAP diet. I modified this recipe to be low FODMAP, but still just as delicious. Let me know what you think!
Low FODMAP Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe:
- 6 Large Potatoes or 8 Medium Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chives, Diced
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, Diced (Green Part Only)
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder (Garlic & Onion Replacement)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut Potatoes in 1 inch squares.
- Put all ingredients into a large plastic bag and shake well.
- Once ingredients are blended, pour onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Makes 6-8 servings.
- This recipe is very versatile and numerous things can be added to make the flavor different. Some examples are bacon, roasted red pepper flakes, low FODMAP chili powder, and peppers.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.