I’m guilty. I’m an adult and I like ketchup. I’m not sure when ketchup for adults became uncool, but I must have missed the memo. Sure, I have grown out of eating it on everything from spaghetti to sirloin, but there’s nothing like a burger and fries with ketchup.
For those on the low FODMAP diet, ketchup is one of those foods that is out due to the high fructose corn syrup. Even natural ketchup is usually out due to the addition of onion and/or garlic. I thought I would have to go without ketchup until I began experimenting and came up with this delicious low FODMAP ketchup recipe. French fries, beware.
Low FODMAP Ketchup Recipe
- 12 oz Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Ground Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Clove
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder (Garlic & Onion Replacement)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 4 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together until Brown Sugar is completely dissolved.
- Store in a refrigerated airtight container.
- Enjoy as needed for the next 3-4 weeks.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.