In my neighborhood, there’s been an explosion of BBQ places that have popped up recently. As you walk by, the smell is just incredible! I am not sure if this is a nationwide trend or something that’s only happening in Chicago, but it got my taste buds excited about that unique BBQ flavor.
Unfortunately, those on the low FODMAP diet can’t rely on bottled BBQ sauces due to the spices and high fructose corn syrup in most. However, homemade low FODMAP BBQ sauce is extremely easy to make… and extremely delicious, too.
Low FODMAP BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder (Garlic & Onion Replacement)
- Mix Cornstarch with Cold Water and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine Hot Water and Brown Sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Cornstarch and all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Makes approximately 2 Cups.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.