There’s something about ranch dressing that makes you feel like a kid again. Sure, it was a great way for our parents to get us to eat our vegetables, but there’s something so simply delicious about it. The creamy texture is a great addition to any food, especially those that weren’t our favorites.
Every now and then, I crave that nostagic flavor like most people. However, the low FODMAP diet restricts all store bought salad dressings. Yes… all. Seriously, I have personally checked every salad dressing label and every one contain at least one forbidden FODMAP ingredient. Enter this delightful low FODMAP ranch dressing recipe. It will make you think you’re a kid again.
Low FODMAP Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Lactose Free Yogurt (I prefer Green Valley Organics)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chives, Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, Diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder (Garlic & Onion Replacement)
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Refrigerate or use immediately.
- Please feel free to modify as you wish, I scaled back the spices here to align with everyone’s tastes. Usually, I tend to add a little more paprika to spice it up a bit.
- To adjust the thickness to your taste, add or reduce the amount of Olive Oil.
- This low FODMAP ranch dressing will keep for about 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.
It’s totally true that commercial salad dressings have at least one FODMAP ingredient in them. I used to use salad dressings for salads, marinades and sauces, so this is a grocery item that frustrates me to no end. Thanks so much for providing a recipe – this looks really yummy!
I so just cried when I read this!!! I love ranch! I’m from Texas we eat it all the time down here I it with my steak! I just discovered this site and this diet.
Hi Heather, I have been reading your blog since I was placed on the low FODMAP diet 2 days ago. I think that you have provided those of us suffering with digestive disorders a priceless tool. I do have one question, I notice that you use Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder in many of your recipes and I don’t know where to find that. Is it a specialty item or should I be able to find it in the grocery store?
Thanks again for this amazing resource.
Gluten free asafoetida powder is very hard to find. You best bet is to buy it online at HerbStop. Good luck!
I’ve made this recipe many times for over a year now and LOVE it. I never have dill so I skip that and use half the herbs because I use dried parsley and chives and this can last me 2 weeks. Thank you!
Hi there. Thank you for this site! I track my macros for fitness training and would love to know the nutritional breakdown of this dressing if you’re able to provide it? Thank you so much.
Thank you for this great recipe! I’d love to know what ingredients you all have in the salad pictured with the dressing. Thanks!
Very good and easy to make!
This is the best ranch I’ve ever tasted! I left out the asafoetida – never been an onion & garlic fan. Glad I found your site.