There’s something about ranch dressing that makes you feel like a kid again. Sure, it was a great way for our parents to get us to eat our vegetables, but there’s something so simply delicious about it. The creamy texture is a great addition to any food, especially those that weren’t our favorites.
Every now and then, I crave that nostagic flavor like most people. However, the low FODMAP diet restricts all store bought salad dressings. Yes… all. Seriously, I have personally checked every salad dressing label and every one contain at least one forbidden FODMAP ingredient. Enter this delightful low FODMAP ranch dressing recipe. It will make you think you’re a kid again.
Low FODMAP Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Lactose Free Yogurt (I prefer Green Valley Organics)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chives, Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, Diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Gluten Free Asafoetida Powder (Garlic & Onion Replacement)
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Refrigerate or use immediately.
- Please feel free to modify as you wish, I scaled back the spices here to align with everyone’s tastes. Usually, I tend to add a little more paprika to spice it up a bit.
- To adjust the thickness to your taste, add or reduce the amount of Olive Oil.
- This low FODMAP ranch dressing will keep for about 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Like this recipe? Let me know what you think and explore more low FODMAP recipes.